BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
cokeyng
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi all,

I am wondering if there is a way to get email notification sent automatically if a scheduled job failed its execution. The job can be created by scheduling a Data Plan or a SAS script.

Thanks in advance.

Cokey

3 REPLIES 3
Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

Yes it is possible.
Job schedulers such as Autosys / Control-M do have this feature. If you are using Chron on Linux/Unix, they can also send an email for failed execution.
Even otherwise if one is running SAS code running through a batch code, then the batch script can be programmed to send an email in case of a failed job.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

What scheduler do you use with SAS currently, if any? LSF is a commonly used scheduler with SAS 9.4 as an OEM version can be provided by SAS and it has email capabilities you want.

cokeyng
Obsidian | Level 7
I am not very sure about what scheduler is used behind. I am only given access to create data plan and I create a job of a data plan by using the manual. I think I will need to find out more from the admin.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation