BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
NewsGuy
Fluorite | Level 6

After 20+ years using SAS on the Windows platform, I moved over a year ago to SAS Viya on the Mac OS with SAS Studio. SAS provided some excellent help to get it all up and running. 

I just moved to a new docker image with the latest long-term-stable version. 

The install went fine and everything is working. 

But I realize I lost all the Snippets that I had saved in SAS Studio.  I had saved a ton of code that I use a lot. I found the snippets very helpful.  I don't see anywhere on my hard drive that the snippets have been saved. 

I've seen references to locations of snippets in the University Edition and other iterations of SAS Studio.  But they didn't turn up on my machine with the docker implementation. 

Is there any hope of retrieving them? 

Thanks. 

Dan Keating

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Hi Dan,

I don't have the exact answer for a Mac, but maybe this will help. I'm assuming that you are using SAS Analytics Pro for SAS Viya, which is run via a Docker image and provides SAS Studio 5.2.

On my Windows instance, these are stored in the account-specific folder within the Viya deployment folder. In my case, I have an account called sasdemo and the snippets would be here:

C:\SAS\deploy-apro\sasdemo\.sasstudio5\mySnippets

The .sasstudio5 folder might be marked as hidden in your Mac file system, as that is a convention in Unix-based file systems. You might need to toggle the visibility in MacOS Finder, or use ls -a when navigating in Terminal.

Learn from the Experts! Check out the huge catalog of free sessions in the Ask the Expert webinar series.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Hi Dan,

I don't have the exact answer for a Mac, but maybe this will help. I'm assuming that you are using SAS Analytics Pro for SAS Viya, which is run via a Docker image and provides SAS Studio 5.2.

On my Windows instance, these are stored in the account-specific folder within the Viya deployment folder. In my case, I have an account called sasdemo and the snippets would be here:

C:\SAS\deploy-apro\sasdemo\.sasstudio5\mySnippets

The .sasstudio5 folder might be marked as hidden in your Mac file system, as that is a convention in Unix-based file systems. You might need to toggle the visibility in MacOS Finder, or use ls -a when navigating in Terminal.

Learn from the Experts! Check out the huge catalog of free sessions in the Ask the Expert webinar series.
NewsGuy
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks very much.  You are correct. They are there, and were easy to copy over to the updated installation folder. 

Thanks. 

Dan

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation