BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
chipican
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi all,

When I double-click on a SASHELP view in order to open it in the Table Viewer, a pop-up shows up with this error message: "ERROR: Unable to process SAS data set options for SQL view SASHELP.XXX" (XXX being the view name), and the view does not open.

The error occurs for any view in SASHELP, i.e. VCOLUMN, VTABLE, VMACROS, etc.

I'm using SAS Studio 3.71 (Basic Edition) with SAS 9.04.

Does anyone know how I can get rid of this error and be able to open SASHELP view in the Table Viewer?

2 REPLIES 2
ballardw
Super User

@chipican wrote:

Hi all,

When I double-click on a SASHELP view in order to open it in the Table Viewer, a pop-up shows up with this error message: "ERROR: Unable to process SAS data set options for SQL view SASHELP.XXX" (XXX being the view name), and the view does not open.

The error occurs for any view in SASHELP, i.e. VCOLUMN, VTABLE, VMACROS, etc.

I'm using SAS Studio 3.71 (Basic Edition) with SAS 9.04.

Does anyone know how I can get rid of this error and be able to open SASHELP view in the Table Viewer?

Since this generally works with a default installation I would have to ask if you, or some one in your organization, has modified the default behaviors of the menu items.

You might check by  ( the following works in Foundation (Base or DMS SAS) you may have to hunt through SAS Studio settings to find the equivalent. Or do this in the SAS 9.04 (sure you didn't mean 9.4?) you are using.

1) make the SAS explorer window active

2) Click on Tools in the main menu, select Explorer options

3) Go to the Members Tab

if the VIEW entry for Default Action Command does not look like: VIEWTABLE %8b.%32b

then select View by clicking on it, then click on the EDIT buton

Edit Default action to be the string above for the &Open action Item

Click OK on menus to save options.

chipican
Fluorite | Level 6

Dear @ballardw, thank you for you reply. Sorry for the delay in answering, I was off for a long time.

I read through your reply and will forward it to our IT Team who manages the SAS Studio installation. I hope they will be able to apply your solution as we run SAS Studio on a Linux server.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation