BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
c-rgould
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

What version of Java run-time is required for SAS 9.4? 

I am new to SAS and people are telling me to install 1.6 run-time which is very old and a security risk.

Does any feature of 9.4 require a old version of Java?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
4 REPLIES 4
ballardw
Super User

The version of Java is very SAS version dependent. BUT the install should have installed the version needed.

If you run this code:

proc options option= jreoptions;run;

it will show your current JRE settings.

alexal
SAS Employee

@c-rgould,

For all platforms other than z/OS, a private JRE is provided by SAS and installed by the SAS® Deployment Wizard for the exclusive use of SAS products. SAS offers support for this private JRE when used in conjunction with SAS software products under the same guidelines that govern support for all other SAS products. These guidelines are described on the SAS Technical Support Services and Policies page.

c-rgould
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks.   

Based on the knowledge base,  the private run-time version for 9.4 is  1.7 Java Run-time.

Am I understanding that correctly?

http://support.sas.com/kb/56/203.html

alexal
SAS Employee

@c-rgould,

That's correct.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation