BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
joeysunshine
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all,

I'm using 'Visual Programmer' in SAS Studio 3.7.1 using Chrome Version 66.0.3359.117 (Official Build) (32-bit). This is purely a usability issue. I've checked all of the available resources and I don't find it addressed so I'm hoping someone here knows if there's a solution.

I have process flows in 'Visual Programmer' that are very wide and require horizontal scrolling to get to many of the nodes. The issue occurs when I exit one of the nodes located past the screens edge. I scroll to the right to find the node I want to work on. I right click it to open and perform whatever I need to do. I then 'exit' the node using the breadcrumbs in the upper left hand corner of the view (see the attachment for a screenshot) and the process flow view immediately resets back to it's home position, putting the node I was working on out of view and requiring me to scroll back to it. 

This may sound like a trivial problem, but it's extremely cumbersome when working with a very large and complex flow. 

Does anyone know how I can prevent this from happening? 

Thank you all in advance.

John Ashby

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
samdupont
SAS Employee

Hi @joeysunshine

Unfortunately this is a known defect that will be addressed in a future release. I do apologize for this less-than-delightful experience. 

May I ask how many nodes you have so that I can mimic this in our development environment?

Samantha

UX Designer on SAS Studio and SAS Enterprise Guide

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
samdupont
SAS Employee

Hi @joeysunshine

Unfortunately this is a known defect that will be addressed in a future release. I do apologize for this less-than-delightful experience. 

May I ask how many nodes you have so that I can mimic this in our development environment?

Samantha

UX Designer on SAS Studio and SAS Enterprise Guide

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation