BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
AudeP
Fluorite | Level 6

Dears, 

I'm currently working for the SAS Base Certification, and I uploaded the SAS file Salary (from this website : http://www.principlesofeconometrics.com/sas.htm) in order to practice some of the book examples. 
However, in order to see the content of the table on SAS Studio, I double clicked on it to open it, but all I get is a windows for "Opening a Table" that is loading endlessy. I can't use SAS Studio anymore, as this process prevent me to do anything. It's been like that for 3 hours now. 

What could I do to fix this problem? 

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Damo
SAS Employee

Hi @AudeP

Is your current problem related to SAS Studio being unusable or how to use the salary dataset with SAS Studio.

For the later, instead of the double-click, did you try one of those options:

- declare a LIBNAME and open the dataset from the library listing

- open the dataset from the Folders listing

If you want to take control of SAS Studio and start from scratch, the quick solution if you're using the SAS Studio Single User version would be to reboot your machine.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Damo

AudeP
Fluorite | Level 6

Dear Damo, 

Thank you for your reply. Sadly, the issue is related to SAS Studio being unusable, as the "opening a table" window seems to be indefinitely loading, preventing me to do anything. I'm using SAS Studio for academics, then I can't simply reload my session, and as the parent window is disabled as long as the other window is opened, i can't disconnect from/reconnect to my session.

However, i found a way to get around this issue. I inspected the page to look at the html code related to this endlessly loading window and I deleted the related <div>. I did the same with the part disabling the parent window. Not the best way to solve this problem but it worked. I was then able to work again on SAS Studio. 

It also appears that all the datasets from the url are corrupted, as i got the same issue with some other datasets from this website. Using the LIBNAME statement or going through the folder listing is not preventing the problem from occuring. 

Again, thank you for your reply. 
Cheers, 

AudeP

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation