BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
nickspencer
Obsidian | Level 7
Hello friends,
I am trying to do my development work on Sas studio on Viya server and stop using enterprise guide. But I am struggling to save the .sas program files on my local machine. Is there a way I can save the program files on my local machine and open/edit/run on sas studio whenever I need?

Thank you,
Nick
3 REPLIES 3
Reeza
Super User
Are you using the free cloud public services? In an Enterprise environment you create some mapped drives to deal with this, if you're using On Demand and the trial/free versions you have to do it all manually.
AllanBowe
Barite | Level 11
If you are using Viya, you can do ALL your work locally - eg with VS Code, deploying jobs / web services on demand, writing tests, documentation, running GIT on the command line, etc etc.

Here's the rundown - it makes use of the SASjs framework: https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Communities-Library/DevOps-with-VS-Code-GIT-and-SASjs/ta-p/747648
/Allan
SAS Challenges - SASensei
MacroCore library for app developers
SAS networking events (BeLux, Germany, UK&I)

Data Workflows, Data Contracts, Data Lineage, Drag & drop excel EUCs to SAS 9 & Viya - Data Controller
DevOps and AppDev on SAS 9 / Viya / Base SAS - SASjs

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation