BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
sas_it
Quartz | Level 8
I am the beginner in sas programming using enterprise guide and creating dashboard using visual analytics. I have learned sas programming in enterprise guiDe and learned visual analytics. If i am given the project for first time, whats the whole procedure from creating dataset in enterprise guide , uploading to server and using that dataset in visual analytics. Pls help i am totally new.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

You should talk to your managers about getting appropriate SAS training to perform your required tasks. I attended the Visual Analytics fast track course and it covers all of the questions you've been asking. SAS Communities posts can only answer specific issues and cannot provide the in-depth training you need.  

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Are you are working in a company that has these SAS products? If so are there more experienced SAS users who can guide you? Without knowing more about the SAS architecture you are using it is impossible to give accurate advice. What version of VA are you using?

sas_it
Quartz | Level 8
Yes I am working for the company. I need to check the version. We are having licensed version of enterprise guide and va. If you tell me the whole process, I will understand and it would be useful for me. If we are having the data in excel then after that what is the whole process from enterprise guide to creating dashboard in va. Pls help.
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
What you're asking for here is nearly impossible to provide. Training, such as the Visual Analytics 1 class might help you. It shows how to import data and build reports and dashboards. One of the multi-step assignments in class is for the students to build a dashboard, the lectures, demos and assignments are covered in one entire Lesson, composed of multiple sections and multiple practices. More than could be provided here in the forums. It's possible that someone at the company has already taken this class and can help you. Or, you could look for user group papers or in the Visual Analytics documentation or the user's guide. We have a set of 40 free tutorials on VA here: https://video.sas.com/category/videos/sas-visual-analytics_ . It would be good to check your version of VA so that you can concentrated on the tutorials or training that is specific to the version you have.
Cynthia
SASKiwi
PROC Star

You should talk to your managers about getting appropriate SAS training to perform your required tasks. I attended the Visual Analytics fast track course and it covers all of the questions you've been asking. SAS Communities posts can only answer specific issues and cannot provide the in-depth training you need.  

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 3 in conversation