BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ChristosK
Quartz | Level 8

1) How do I highlight text that i want to leave as annotations? Highlight -Shift-/ or a variety of other combinations don't seem to work as they do in 9.4?

2) Screen freezes frequently, and I am unable to type anything. Chrome seems better than Firefox, which is better than Safari. I changed the memory settings on VMWare fusion, and tried assigning more cores( the latter didnt work). Any ideas on fixes?

Any ideas rather than constantly saving and rebooting would help enormously.

Christos

4 REPLIES 4
ChrisBrooks
Ammonite | Level 13

1. By Annotations I assume you mean comments - also your reference to Safari leads me to believe you're running on a Mac (as I do). In that case the keyboard shortcut to comment a highlighted block is cmd-/ (command + forward slash).

2. The crashes are odd as I've not heard of anyone experiencing that before. You're correct in saying changing the number of cores hasn't changed anything. My understanding is University Edition can only run on two cores although you can increase the available memory. Always make sure you've left enough memory for the host OS though.

You could try reinstalling SAS UE (I see an update is available today anyway) or, failing that, use SAS OnDemand for Academics https://www.sas.com/en_us/software/on-demand-for-academics.html - this is entirely cloud based so should work as long as you have internet access.

ChristosK
Quartz | Level 8

Chris:

Are we able to install uppdates to the already existing university edition software or do we just have to install the updated program from scratch?

ChrisBrooks
Ammonite | Level 13

You can certainly try to install updates to the existing installation although I should say that some people (myself included) have had mixed success with that and often end up deleting the old VM and doing a completely fresh install.

SAS have promised, however, to try to improve the update process so it's worth trying at least.

Reeza
Super User

I also use a Mac and have no issues with freezing with Safari. 

Make sure to restart your Virtual Machine, not VirtualBox and see if that helps anything with the updates.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation