BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
rsaunders3
Calcite | Level 5

I recently installed SAS university edition on my MAC OS 10.10.5.  I configured the VM Virtual Box in accordence with SAS install and configuration instructions.  When I attempt to start (power on) the session, I recieve the following error message

"Failed to open a session for the virtual machine SAS-University Edition.

Failed to load R0 module ...

the owner is not root...

failed to load VMMR0.r0

Result Code:

NS_ERROR_FAILURE (0x80004005)

Component:

ConsoleWrap

Interface:

IConsole

I imported appliance correctly, mapped my shared folder, and started attempted to start the session as instructed, but I keep getting the same error.  I was able to successfully start a session on my Windows desktop, but not my Mac OS.  Any guidance would be appreciated.  Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Reeza
Super User
Try the VMWare option. I use that on my Mac without issues.
kmsartorius
Calcite | Level 5

I am having this same problem on a PC. Does anyone know of a solution other than VMware? I have to use Oracle VirtualBox for my class. 

PLEASE HELP!!! It was working just fine until last night... Here is the error I am getting after trying to start: 

Failed to open a session for the virtual machine SAS-University-Edition.

Cannot load R0 module C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox/VBoxDDR0.r0: SUPR3LoadModule: supLoadModule returned VERR_LDR_MISMATCH_NATIVE (VERR_LDR_MISMATCH_NATIVE).

Failed to register ourselves as a PCI Bus (VERR_MODULE_NOT_FOUND).

Result Code:E_FAIL (0x80004005)
Component:Console
Interface:IConsole {8ab7c520-2442-4b66-8d74-4ff1e195d2b6}
Reeza
Super User

Try redownloading the image and starting over with set up 😞

Reeza
Super User

Also, the functionality between VM and Oracle will be the same so if you use one over the other your results won't be affected and it won't make a difference in terms of instruction or anything else, beyond initial set up. 

kmsartorius
Calcite | Level 5

Good to know! I'm new to this, if you couldn't tell. Honestly, I'm not sure how I fixed the problem... I think it initially had to do with me trying to fix another issue (since I'm working on Windows 10 and it's doesn't seem to be totally compatible yet. I ended up having to install and older version of Oracle to get it to work. In doing so, I think the problem may have been caused by file locations getting mixed up. Seems to be working fine for now at least. Thanks for the tips!

Kristin

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation