BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Kartik9999
Calcite | Level 5

I am using SAS University edition , currently I'm running SAS on Vmware Work Station pro, I have  a windows 10 Dell laptop the ram is 8GB, So here is the problem 

First i got an error message stating "The launch of sever process failed with an unknown status code " , to rectify this problem I downloaded SAS University Edition again , now the problem I'm facing is that the SAS Studio is stuck on initialization screen  that is when you turn on  the virtual machine in the VMware and get an http address it takes you to SAS Information Center and there when you click "Start SAS studio" a new tab opens on which the word "Initializing" is written, I'm currently stuck on this blue screen with the word "Initializing" written ..

To solve this problem I've tried deleting temporary files from my system also I've tried deleting Cache and cookies from my browser history I've even tried reeboting my laptop and even tried changing the drive of my Vmware from C to D as there was only 15 GB free on my C drive .

Please help me with this issue .

6 REPLIES 6
jennifert
SAS Employee

Hi @Kartik9999,

Typically the initial error you got ("The launch of sever process failed with an unknown status code ") means that your shared folder is in a location that requires administrative rights to access.  I'm not sure about the other errors you're seeing now, but it might be worth checking the location of your shared folder. 

You can find more information about that error here: What do I do if I see an unknown status error?

thanks,

Jennifer

Catch the SAS Global Forum keynotes, announcements, and tech content!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

Kartik9999
Calcite | Level 5

i'm not getting "unknown status code" error now ,also for that the location of my shared folder is in my D drive which I think is accessible but i'm getting this error which has been uploaded in the attachments 

if you see the file uploaded in the attachments you will see that the SAS studio is struck on initializing screen 

please help me with this .

jennifert
SAS Employee

Hi @Kartik9999,

I have a couple suggestions.  What browser are you using?  You can try running it in a different browser, if you have one.

Also - this same issue was raised in an earlier post.  Maybe the suggestion offered here will help:

SAS Studio Status check stuck in Initializing after click "Start"

thanks,

Jennifer

Catch the SAS Global Forum keynotes, announcements, and tech content!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

Kartik9999
Calcite | Level 5

I am currently trying to run SAS University edition on chrome though i tried running it on Internet Explorer but i got an error stating "Can't reach the page".

I have even uploaded the error in attachments 

then I also tried changing the name of folder ".sasstudio " in myfolders to ".old" as mentioned in the thread shared in previous conversation but I got an error stating "you must type a file name ".

RandyMullis
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi, @Kartik9999. I believe you said your Shared Folder (myfolders) is on the 😧 drive. Please move this folder to your Documents directory and change the location in your Shared Folders properties. Let me know the result!

Thank you!

Randy

Sangeeta
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I was running into the same 'Initializing' blue screen. I was trying to install SAS University edition using Oracle Virtual Box on Windows 10. I tried emptying browser history, cache on all 3 browsers-- Firefox, Chrome, Explorer, but would have the same local host issue or if I got past that and clicked the 'Start SAS Studio" link, I would get the "Initializing" blue screen.

So I installed VMware Workstation 12 and repeated the installation process for SAS University Edition, had no issue with local host errors, but got the same "Initializing" error when I launched SAS Studio in Firefox. So frustrating!

So I changed the browser to Google Chrome. And SAS Studio was up and running in minutes.

Hope this helps!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation