BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Shmuel
Garnet | Level 18

Today, June 28, at between 10 AM to 11 AM Jerusalem time, I was adding a LABEL statemnt to a code that run OK few minutes ago.

While typing my code I got a SAS Studio Error message. The connection to myfolders was broken. Any attemp to rerun SAS UE failed. SAS was up-to-date.

Then I decided to download the .ova file again and reinstal SAS UE.

I have removed SAS University Edition from the virtualbox without deleting the files. ("Remove only").

At step 3 - inporting the .ova file into Oracle VM virtual box  I got the next message :

Failed to import appliance C:\Install\SAS_UE\unvbasicvapp__9411015__ova__en__sp0__1.ova.

Machine settings file 'C:\Users\Shmuel\VirtualBox VMs\SAS University Edition\SAS University Edition.vbox' already exists.

Result Code: VBOX_E_FILE_ERROR (0x80BB0004)
Component: MachineWrap
Interface: IMachine {85cd948e-a71f-4289-281e-0ca7ad48cd89}

I'm using SAS UE on windows 7.

If the problem is "Machine file ... already exist" - how can I delete the file in virtualbox after doing "Remove only" ?

Thanks ahead, Shmuel.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User
Try clearing your browser cookies and cache or using a different browser?

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Reeza
Super User
Just delete the entire image, but do not delete the myfolders location/folder. Then reinstall. Or do you have a lot of settings and options saved in SAS UE that you want to maintain?
Shmuel
Garnet | Level 18

Thank you @Reeza , I have overcome the issue of importing the .ova file into the virtual box,

but still get the SAS Studio "null" error message just after "Start SAS Studio" - signing in - initialization

and no connection to myfolders.

Any idea how to overcome it ? Any info need ?

Reeza
Super User
You will need to reset up the connection in the VM settings, or did you already do that?
Shmuel
Garnet | Level 18

To summarize my steps up to now:

- re download of SAS UE

- Remove and delete the SAS UE in Oracle virtual box

- import SAS UE .ova file into the virtual box

- a new launch to Oracle virtual box

- start SAS University edition in virtual box

- launching chrome browser and entering SAS Information Center

- checking that SAS is up-to-date, running "Start SAS Studio"

- "signing in" step 

-initializing step - getting message SAS Studio 'null' error. No connection to myfolders 

Reeza
Super User
When you add the new VM, you need to re add the path to the myfolders. But it also usually let you start up even if that was locked down.
Shmuel
Garnet | Level 18

I tried to set up the "Shared folders" in VM but got next error message:

Failed to save the settings of the virtual machine SAS University Edition to C:\Users\Shmuel\VirtualBox VMs\SAS University Edition\SAS University Edition.vbox.

The machine is not mutable or running (state is Saved).

Result Code: VBOX_E_INVALID_VM_STATE (0x80BB0002)
Component: SessionMachine
Interface: IMachine {85cd948e-a71f-4289-281e-0ca7ad48cd89}

thus even after restarting my PC.

What does it mean that "machine is not mutable or running" and how to overcome it ?

Shmuel
Garnet | Level 18

I have redefined the "shared folder" in VM after powering off the machine, by

selecting C:\SASUniversityEdition  and typing myfolders in the folder name.

But still get the SAS Studio null error message and no connection to myfolders

Reeza
Super User
Try clearing your browser cookies and cache or using a different browser?
Shmuel
Garnet | Level 18

@Reeza , thanks a lot. That solved my issue.

tumul
Calcite | Level 5

Hello ! the same exact thing happened to me. I tried clearing cache but still, it gives the same error message ( file 'C:\Users\DELL\VirtualBox VMs\SAS University Edition\SAS University Edition.vbox' already exists). what should I do?

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation