BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Nietzsche
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Constantly getting the following error every few minutes on SAS Studio, how can I fix this issue?

Ben_in_Canberra_0-1665816299713.png

SAS Base Programming (2022 Dec), Preparing for SAS Advanced Programming (Cancelled).
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nietzsche
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I switched from a 2.4ghz wifi SSID to a 5ghz wifi SSID (both are from the same network and router) and the issue went away so far for the last hour or so.

I will report back if this issue occurs again, but it seems that OnDemand does not like 2.4ghz wifi connection.

SAS Base Programming (2022 Dec), Preparing for SAS Advanced Programming (Cancelled).

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Vemula
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

Please check if VPN is connected or disconnected in your system. 

I think after certain time of inactivity, the server will be disconnected. We can reconnect it again by right clicking on the server name in the servers list on the left pane. If it is still not connected, we can open a new session. These are based on my experiences. Hope it will be resolved.

Nietzsche
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I don't have VPN..

Today is especially bad, constantly disconnecting every 5 seconds.

Nietzsche
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

new message type 

Nietzche_0-1666507146146.png

Nietzsche
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

another different message

Nietzche_0-1666508067244.png

Nietzsche
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

another..

Nietzche_0-1666510046853.png

Nietzsche
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I switched from a 2.4ghz wifi SSID to a 5ghz wifi SSID (both are from the same network and router) and the issue went away so far for the last hour or so.

I will report back if this issue occurs again, but it seems that OnDemand does not like 2.4ghz wifi connection.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

@Nietzsche wrote:

Explains a lot. The 2.4 GHz wifi band is used by a wide range of devices (remote controls for model craft and drones, my wireless guitar set uses it, and basically all personal hotspots on cellphones). It has much less available channels than the 5 GHz band.

Therefore I use 5 GHz wherever possible, and especially for critical connections (like my on-stage wifi used to remotely control the mixing console).

Download a wifi analyzer app to your mobile device to see how congested your environment is. It may also allow you to set your wifi access point to an undisturbed channel.

And it still makes sense to use cable LAN as much as possible; all stationary devices at my home (NAS, printers, docking stations, PCs) have cable connections. At least your home office desk should have one.

On Demand works flawlessly for a large (serious understatement here) number of users (including me), so looking for the problem in your local network or your internet connection makes sense.

Nietzsche
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Maybe it would be helpful if there is a hint or FAQ page that point to users to use 5ghz wifi if they have it when they encounter this issue. I only changed it out of randomness, it's not something that would have thought of immediately, I have suffered constant disconnection for the last two months or so.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Don't forget you can always contact SAS Tech Support as well. Most likely they can help you diagnose these errors a lot quicker. FAQs can only go so far. I suspect a lot of SAS users wouldn't know if they are using Wifi or not for example.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation