BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SAS_1001
Obsidian | Level 7

SAS Studio connection is pretty much inconsistant.  Everyday we need to bounce the metadata and compute servers to make SAS Studio work.  Users are keep complaining about SAS Studio is not being reliable from the connectivity and connection to metadata server standpoint.  Does anybody here experience the same issues and what you have done to restore smooth operation of SAS Studio without any interupption at least for couple of weeks?  Your help is immensely helpful and greatly appreciated ....

9 REPLIES 9
Shmuel
Garnet | Level 18

You miss a lot of important information:

- what operating system

- configuration of workstations and server

- SAS version

- communication type

Connection filure may be a result of many different reasons.

Do you have logs of comminication? system monitors etc.

Not everything is SAS.

SAS_1001
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi Shmuel,
Thank you for your response
The O/S is Linux
Running Metadata, Compute and Mid-Tier Servers
SAS is 9.4 TS1M3
Communication is tcp/ip
The key question is how to start investigating step by step and fixing this issue for good.
Appreciated any advise ....
Shmuel
Garnet | Level 18

I have no the answer, but I think that it may help to know also which linux is it.

With hope someone else will be able to help.

SAS_1001
Obsidian | Level 7
RHEL 2.6
SASKiwi
PROC Star

"SAS Studio connection is pretty much inconsistant" - what does this mean? You need to provide details of any errors or symptoms you are experiencing. When does it fail? When starting? In the middle of a session? While running a job? Is there some pattern to the errors? Do you have access to the SAS server logs to check for errors?

SAS_1001
Obsidian | Level 7
Connection is dropping everyday in the morning and coming back and staying good through out the day after servers are bounced. Log doesn't show anything specific. Users can't get into SAS Studio, the log in screen shows spinning the wheel for several minutes and getting timed out.
Shmuel
Garnet | Level 18

I had similar issue using SAS University Edition (that is SAS Studio) with linux opensuse and vmware.

Whenever I exit SAS Studio session and close my laptop, let it go to sleep, I cannot enter SAS Studio again

untill I reboot the computer.

If your workstation is "going to sleep" through night, it possibly breaks the connection to the server.

It should be checked by SAS Studio system developers.

shayne
SAS Employee

Please consider opening a support track with SAS Technical Support to address this issue. By opening a track, a technical support engineer can assist you in clearly defining the issue you are encountering and assist you in determining next steps to address it. 

You can open a track by calling 1-800-727-0025, sending an email to support@sas.com, or fill out the online form at: http://support.sas.com/ctx/supportform/createForm

SAS_1001
Obsidian | Level 7
Thank you and sure will do.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation