BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
mgilbert
Obsidian | Level 7

Is there a definitive guide to the procedures available in SAS Studio? I am on 3.4. I have seached high and low, and have found nothing.

I would like to use PROC HPGENSELECT for AVS in a Poisson model, but SAS Studio tells me that procedure is not found. The only documentation I'm able to find seems to hint at AVS in a GLM Poisson model (here), but does not address the PROC and instead directs me to Tasks > High-Performance Statistics folder, which I do not have.

FWIW, I am running the SAS University Edition Virtual App through VMWare Workstation 12 Player.

Any thoughts you may have are greatly appreciated. Perhaps there's another proc available in SAS Studio to achieve this?

Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

At least some of the High Performance procedures are not included in SAS University Edition.  Since SAS University Edition is a learning tool and not optimized for high performance, some of the HP* versions of procs don't make sense to include.

Thanks to @AmyP_sas for pointing me to the (relatively short) list of items not included in the SAS University Edition. 

For variable selection, I'd guess you could use GLM or a similar standard SAS/STAT procedure to accomplish the task.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Reeza
Super User
Interesting, theoretically, SAS/STAT is included which is where HPGENSELECT is included. I'm guessing that none of the HP procedures are included 😞
mgilbert
Obsidian | Level 7

Thinking this must be related to the SAS Studio distro through SAS University Edition... My univeristy has a server that runs SAS Studio. When I log in there, HPGENSELECT is available (as is the HP folder). The SAS Studio editions are both 3.4. (I prefer to use the VM since it's "local" vs. going through a VPN halfway across the country.)

Michael

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

At least some of the High Performance procedures are not included in SAS University Edition.  Since SAS University Edition is a learning tool and not optimized for high performance, some of the HP* versions of procs don't make sense to include.

Thanks to @AmyP_sas for pointing me to the (relatively short) list of items not included in the SAS University Edition. 

For variable selection, I'd guess you could use GLM or a similar standard SAS/STAT procedure to accomplish the task.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
mgilbert
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks Chris, makes complete sense. If there's not already, perhaps a short article / guide / post could be done on either procedures included in SAS Univeristy Edition or those that are normally found in SAS/STAT but excluded in SAS University Edition?

Michael

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
Good suggestion -- I'll see what we can do.
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Found it!  Thanks to @AmyP_sas for pointing me to the (relatively short) list of items not included in the SAS University Edition.  The HP procs are listed there, by name.

BeverlyBrown
Community Manager

Hi @mgilbert, we have such a list, but it's hidden in the UE FAQ. I will make it more conspicuous right now. Thank you for asking this so we can make the community more useful! 

Register now for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

mgilbert
Obsidian | Level 7

Awesome - thank you all for the info and links! Very helpful.

Michael

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 in conversation