BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Nicolai70
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi.

my SAS Studio 3.8 is stuck on loading the Files and Folders

I have a version 3.1 running fine on the systeScreenshot_1.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Stanley_SAS
SAS Employee

The config.properties setting webdms.workspaceServer.showLocalDrives is not applicable to Single User Edition.

Here's a note from the SAS Studio 3.8 Single User Edition download page:
"Use this download to add the Single-User Edition of SAS Studio 3.8 to your Windows desktop. SAS Studio should be installed on the same machine as Base SAS release 9.4M4 or later."

The screenshot indicates that you have SAS 9.4M1 installed, so you will need to use an earlier version of Single User edition.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Kalind_Patel
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Try to open it in different browser or in Incognito Mode, it might be possible that your browsers caches giving you trouble!

Nicolai70
Fluorite | Level 6

Tried that.

Not working

Is there any log file that would give hints regarding this issue?

andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

Where is version 3.8 running? On your local system?

Kalind_Patel
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Check the logs in following locations:

SAS Object Spawner: configuration-directory\spawner\logs

SAS Web Application Server: configuration-directory\appserver\studio\logs
Nicolai70
Fluorite | Level 6

Being an local installation, I do no find these locations

Stanley_SAS
SAS Employee

Try downloading and installing the latest version of 3.8 Single User Edition from https://support.sas.com/downloads/package.htm?pid=1924

Don't forget to stop the local SAS server before installing the new version.

This version does not specifically fix a hanging-folders-tree defect, but perhaps your current install is somehow corrupted.

andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19
Could it be a problem that two versions are installed on the same system?
Stanley_SAS
SAS Employee

Having multiple versions of SAS Studio Single User Edition on the same machine is not a problem. You should see separate entries in the Windows Start menu for each installed version (e.g. 3.6, 3.7, 3.8).

Nicolai70
Fluorite | Level 6

Starting the applications is not a. It just doesn't want to connect to my Files and Folders locally on my machine.

I can get access to the functionality of SAS Studio, e.g. Snippets, but no listing of my Files and Folders

Stanley_SAS
SAS Employee

Can you take a screenshot of the "About SAS Studio" dialog?

Nicolai70
Fluorite | Level 6

Screenshot_1.jpg

Could this line being missing be one of the reason?

C:\Program Files\SAS\SASStudioSingleUser\3.8\war\config\config.properties

webdms.workspaceServer.showLocalDrives=true

???

Stanley_SAS
SAS Employee

The config.properties setting webdms.workspaceServer.showLocalDrives is not applicable to Single User Edition.

Here's a note from the SAS Studio 3.8 Single User Edition download page:
"Use this download to add the Single-User Edition of SAS Studio 3.8 to your Windows desktop. SAS Studio should be installed on the same machine as Base SAS release 9.4M4 or later."

The screenshot indicates that you have SAS 9.4M1 installed, so you will need to use an earlier version of Single User edition.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation