BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Go
Quartz | Level 8 Go
Quartz | Level 8

Hi All,

We were eagerly waiting for SAS Studio 3.6 , so that our SAS Users can work with .egp files in it, but it still failes to do this, did anyone try this ? if yes is it working ? see below link

http://blogs.sas.com/content/sgf/2017/01/30/sas-studio-3-6-new-features/  

-- A SAS Admin

6 REPLIES 6
mkeintz
PROC Star

The link you provided says (bold/italics/underline is mine):

• A new experimental feature enables opening SAS Enterprise Guide projects into SAS Studio as process flows. Since it’s experimental (not fully tested and unsupported), it is not documented, and it is disabled by default. We’re encouraging users to give it a try and provide feedback by posting your comments to the SAS Studio SAS Community.

Are you saying you enabled this feature and it failed.  Or are you asking how to enable it?

--------------------------
The hash OUTPUT method will overwrite a SAS data set, but not append. That can be costly. Consider voting for Add a HASH object method which would append a hash object to an existing SAS data set

Would enabling PROC SORT to simultaneously output multiple datasets be useful? Then vote for
Allow PROC SORT to output multiple datasets

--------------------------
Go
Quartz | Level 8 Go
Quartz | Level 8
I actually enabled it with below details and restarted the web server but still cant open the .egp file, when I try to open it gets downloaded
To allow the opening of EGP files in SAS Studio, the SAS Studio Administrator can sets the webdms.allowEGPOpen property to true in the config.properties file: webdms.allowEGPOpen=true

[cid:image001.jpg@01D2DAF8.BFED4BF0]
AmyP_sas
SAS Employee

As mentioned, it's not enabled by default (except in the SAS University Edition).  The paper that details how to enable it and the full feature set is at the bottom of the SAS Studio FAQ -  Technical paper: Using SAS Studio to Open SAS Enterprise Guide Project Files .  

Go
Quartz | Level 8 Go
Quartz | Level 8
I actually enabled it with below details and restarted the web server but still cant open the .egp file, when I try to open it gets downloaded
To allow the opening of EGP files in SAS Studio, the SAS Studio Administrator can sets the webdms.allowEGPOpen property to true in the config.properties file: webdms.allowEGPOpen=true

[cid:image001.jpg@01D2DAF8.C7502A70]

grace_sas
SAS Employee

After you made the change the the config.properties, did you restart the appropriate servers based on your edition of SAS Studio?

See Setting Configuration Properties

If that doesn't resolve it, please paste the info displayed when you do ?>About SAS Studio from the upper right corner.

Go
Quartz | Level 8 Go
Quartz | Level 8
I restarted only Mid tier not App and Meta ...

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation