BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Visha2
Calcite | Level 5

I cannot import  data in pg1 library created as libname.sas getting error each when i pratice base SAS pgroms on SAS studion ,

Kindly help me how to solve SAS Libraries issue.

image (1).pngimage.png

4 REPLIES 4
VDD
Ammonite | Level 13 VDD
Ammonite | Level 13

assign the library.

libname pg1 "/home/YOURID/EPG194/data";

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Or, if you are using SAS University Edition:
libname pg1 '/folders/myfolders/EPG194/data';

Instead of going to the libraries pane on the left, go to Server Files and Folders. Locate the EPG194 folder and expand it. Then locate the data folder under EPG194 and in SAS Studio right-click on the data folder and choose Properties. There is a location area in the Properties window that shows the exact path you need for your LIBNAME statement.

Every time you open SAS Studio, you need to "plug into" or "connect" SAS with the data folder. How do you do that, by issuing a LIBNAME statement every time you want to start working. You should see a setup.sas program or a libname.sas program, depending on where you are in the course, that you have to work with.

And, if you do NOT see an EPG194 folder under the Server Files and Folders location, that typically means you did not follow all the directions in the setup instructions to run a program that makes the data for the Programming 1 class.

Cynthia
Reeza
Super User
1. Check the folders on your desktop to see if you have the files. They should be have the sas7bdat extension. SAS program files are text and have the .sas extension.

2. If the folders have data, make sure that the lib name statement is your auto exec. This was part of the set up instructions.

3. If that doesn't work, please show the libname statement with the log.
ballardw
Super User

Better practice that posting images is to copy the text from the LOG and paste into a code box opened using one of the forum's {I} or "running man" icons.

That way we can make changes with text highlight easier.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 5 in conversation