BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Attar
Calcite | Level 5
  1.  I cant do the assignment because I cannot download the SAS due to technical issues. I was wondering if anyone could help me out.
  2. Thanks
  4. Under Server Files and Folder, right-click on My Folders.  Choose New and click on Folder.  It will prompt you to create a name for the new folder.  Type “MIS445.” This creates a new folder called MIS445 under My Folders.
  5. Under Libraries, double-click on My Libraries. Double-click on SASHELP.  You will see many permanent SAS data files.  Choose the dataset called CLASS. Let’s export this dataset into the folder MIS445.  Right-click on CLASS dataset and select Export. In the prompt window, choose MIS445 folder and the file format as CSV.   
  6. Now, go to MIS445 folder and double-click on csv.  It will generate SAS codes to import (PROC IMPORT) and describe the structure of the data (PROC CONTENTS).  Run this program by hitting the running man icon. 
  7. Take a screenshot of the results from this code. The result title should say “The CONTENTS Procedure.”
  8. Using the results (under The CONTENTS Procedure), answer the following:
    1. How many observations and variables are there in the dataset?
    2. What is the file size (in KB)?
1 REPLY 1
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
If you have issues downloading SAS University Edition in a Virtual Machine, your other option is to get an independent learner's account under SAS OnDemand for Academics. You will not need to download anything to get an account. All you'll need to do is sign on with your Profile, and then follow these instructions for independent learner: https://support.sas.com/en/software/ondemand-for-academics-support.html .

After that, you'd get your access to the SAS OnDemand server from a web browser connected to our cloud server.

I am not sure what "technical issues" you've run into. But, if you have exceeded the number of downloads due to a bad connection, you can write to SASAnalyticsU@sas.com .

Hope this helps,
Cynthia

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation