BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
samir_par
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

From Folder shortcut file explorer, by default you can see all files located under the actual folder. Now if a user try to open .RTF files, SAS studio actually download that file onto user's local machine, which we want to avoid.

So, Is there any way/setup such that we can restrict some files from the explorer view? Like I want to restrict .RTF files from the view so that user can not download/open .RTF file.

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Reeza
Super User
Wouldn't that also mean if I used SAS to create these files I wouldn't see them in the File Explorer?
samir_par
Calcite | Level 5

@Reeza Yes, that's true.

Basically we want to avoid downloading of files at local level. User can go to actual server to view the file(s).

SASKiwi
PROC Star

What OS is your SAS servers running on? I suspect this will have to be controlled at the OS level.

samir_par
Calcite | Level 5

@SASKiwi, we are running SAS on Linux server.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

@samir_par - I will defer to the Unix experts on the Community in that case.

Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

You can request your Linux Admin to deny read access to the folder contents.
acl should be enabled on that file system and rules set.
This is something that has to be done by the Unix Admin only.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation