BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
gnesshunkin
Calcite | Level 5

Using Proc Import, I'm attempting to import a tab from an excel spreadsheet.  The script runs for a brief time and stops with the error - An exception was thrown while sending a packet to the peer.  I've run this script as recent as yesterday without error.

Does anyone know a fix for this error?  

Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
ballardw
Super User

Any message with "packet" likely referrs to something in your network traffic. It may be that someone is running a process that is hogging resources or IT is doing something with the setup or possibly a change in your SAS server.

If this doesn't clear up after a few hours you may want to contact either your SAS admin or IT folks about connection or networking issues.

gnesshunkin
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you ballardw, I've contacted my IT department to determine if they have made any adjustments.

art297
Opal | Level 21

You didn't mention which version of SAS you were using or on what platform. Could the following hotfix be what you need? http://support.sas.com/kb/46/351.html

Art, CEO, AnalystFinder.com

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation