BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
nagma
Calcite | Level 5

While downloading free sas university edition its showing this error.Please help so that i can learn SAS.Thanks in advance

"

Failed to import appliance C:\Users\Reyaz\Downloads\SAS.ova.

Could not create the imported medium 'C:\Users\Reyaz\VirtualBox VMs\SAS University Edition_2\SAS_University_Edition.vmdk'.

VMDK: cannot write allocated data block in 'C:\Users\Reyaz\VirtualBox VMs\SAS University Edition_2\SAS_University_Edition.vmdk' (VERR_DISK_FULL).

Result Code:VBOX_E_FILE_ERROR (0x80BB0004)
Component:ApplianceWrap
Interface:IAppliance {8398f026-4add-4474-5bc3-2f9f2140b23e}
6 REPLIES 6
Reeza
Super User

Search this error on the forum. It appears to relate to a corrupt download. Try redownload get the Ova file. It should be 1.9GB. 

Another common issue is UE is to move the Ova out of the downloads folder and not the desktop. 

nagma
Calcite | Level 5

Again showing same problem .I have reinstalled sas edition and virtual box

Failed to open a session for the virtual machine SAS University Edition.

The virtual machine 'SAS University Edition' has terminated unexpectedly during startup with exit code 1 (0x1). More details may be available in 'C:\Users\Reyaz\VirtualBox VMs\SAS University Edition\Logs\VBoxHardening.log'.

Result Code:E_FAIL (0x80004005)
Component:MachineWrap
Interface:IMachine {b2547866-a0a1-4391-8b86-6952d82efaa0}
Reeza
Super User

That's a different error. Did you get further in the installation? Is your computer 64bit?

nagma
Calcite | Level 5

Yes i deleted all the old files related to SAS and re-installed the fresh files.

My sytem is 32 bit operating system, x64-based processor.

attaching the print screen of configration.

pls help thanks

Reeza
Super User

SAS UE requires a 64 bit processor. You can look at SAS Academics On Demand, the independent learner track. This is an online cloud service so you need a reliable and fast internet connection. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation