BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SASHunter
Obsidian | Level 7

Happy 2019 everyone -

First off I want to ask if others have ever had this problem - when using SAS Studio with the web browser Firefox, we don't get all the pages printed out from the CODE window when you select the 'print' icon.  It only prints the first page.  Finally tried it using Internet Explorer and it works correctly.  

Other question - Is there a way to get line numbers to print out when printing the program from the CODE window in SAS Studio?

Thanks,  Nancy

9 REPLIES 9
SuzanneDorinski
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I can print my SAS code from SAS Studio with the line numbers.  

I'm using Firefox with SAS Studio 3.8 (SAS University Edition), which runs SAS 9.4M6.  Attached is a PDF of a program that I just printed. 

SASHunter
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Suzanne,

As my first question states, I can't get my printouts (while using SAS Studio in Firefox) to print past the first page.  But yes, what does print out while in Firefox has the line numbers. 

Nancy

SuzanneDorinski
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi Nancy,

Happy New Year!

I wondered why my printout had the text so small.  I think the print setting in the browser has an effect.  When I tried earlier today, it was set to "Shrink to fit".  All the text shows up, but in a really small font.

I just tried again, this time with the scale option set to 100%.  The code cuts off after the first page, which seems to be the same thing you are seeing.  

Suzanne

samdupont
SAS Employee

@SASHunter What version of SAS Studio are you using? 

Sam

SASHunter
Obsidian | Level 7

Sam,

After doing 'About SAS Studio' - I get the following:

At the top it says

Release: 3.6 (Basic Edition)
and

SAS release: 9.04.01M4P11092016

Thanks,

Nancy

SuzanneDorinski
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I tried using Chome with a SAS program of 199 lines.  The printout looks good.

Same program in Firefox only shows the first page. 

Attached are the PDFs from Chrome and Firefox.

samdupont
SAS Employee

@SuzanneDorinski @SASHunter  The Studio team tested this and we found that only the first page prints in FireFox for 3.8, and 3.71. Works ok in Chrome. A bug for sure. Suzanne mentioned that she is using Studio 3.8. Nancy, what version are you using?

Sam

samdupont
SAS Employee

@SASHunter @SuzanneDorinski  It appears to be a known FireFox defect. https://stackoverflow.com/questions/43492724/firefox-prints-first-page-only-but-other-browsers-doing.... I've entered a defect for this to figure out how to fix in a future release. Thanks for letting us know. 

Sam

eswoope
Calcite | Level 5

And here we are on March 26, 2020, and the problem is still there in Edge. For some reason Chrome crashes on my computer even after I uninstalled and reinstalled and I haven't gutted up to try to fix it after my initial attempts worked only briefly (thanks, Windows 10).

I've tried several printer drivers (three different PDF drivers and my laser printer) and the result is the same. I get a blank first page and then one page of code.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 4 in conversation