BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Helannivas
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

We are using DI studio to load the data from Source to Netezza database. In our code , we are using Proc append to load the data  from the work directory and  into the table.

For Most of the days, the append is consuming less amount of time for 33 crores record (approx 8 mins) , but specifically on Monday, the proc append step consuming around 01 hr 15 mins. Im not sure about the reason for this high difference.

Could anybody please confirm the potential reason for this huge amount of consuming time. Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Erm, with no information I can only guess that there is something else happening on Monday?  Why not speak with your IT/Support group for the software and get them to monitor activity over a week and see what other processes run on a Monday.  Maybe 32 cores have a day off on Monday, its really impossible to say without knowledge of the system - I mean do you know why my program runs slowly on Thursday?

ChrisBrooks
Ammonite | Level 13

Agree with @RW9 but it's also possible that if your program only runs 5 days a week (Mon-Fri) but data comes in on 7 days a week then on Monday you may be appending a lot more records than any other day. I once had the opposite situation i.e. the weekend runs of a suite of programs ran like greased lightning because there were rarely any records to take on as opposed to weekday runs.

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
Step one, add more logging:
Options fullstimer msglevel=i sastrace=',,,d' sastraceloc=saslog nostsuffix;

Reasons can be more data, I/O OR network contention or other resource constraints in Netezza. Work together with the DBA to understand/resolve.
Data never sleeps

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation