BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ammarhm
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Maybe impossible to ask....

It would have been realy practical if SAS Studio supported adding a a folder that would sync with a cloud storage such as OneDrive, DropBox or GoogleDrive... it would have made it much easier to import and export files

If anyone managed to do it, please tell us how

Thanks SAS Studio

Kind regards

9 REPLIES 9
Reeza
Super User

University Edition? 

SAS UE is connected to your local computer, if you have Box, DropBox etc on your computer your files can be saved there. You are not restricted to the myfolders folder, you can set up additional shared folders as you like. See the SAS University Edition Help Centre questions or search on here for examples/instructions if necessary.

Check the Repository option as well, its available under preferences. You can use this to store/version control code I believe, but I haven't used this feature yet.

ammarhm
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Thanks Reeza,

i am using the SAS Studio online version. The advantage there is that you get a cloud based SAS solution that can be accessed anywhere.. I am moving more towards cloud based services. Even though I have SAS 9.4 installed on my mac via Parallels - Windows, using SAS Studio online makes it much easier to access my analyses from home, work, etc anywhere virtually.

That is where OneDrive integration would make it such a good thing...

Kind regards

Reeza
Super User

@ammarhm wrote:

Thanks Reeza,

i am using the SAS Studio online version. The advantage there is that you get a cloud based SAS solution that can be accessed anywhere.. I am moving more towards cloud based services. Even though I have SAS 9.4 installed on my mac via Parallels - Windows, using SAS Studio online makes it much easier to access my analyses from home, work, etc anywhere virtually.

That is where OneDrive integration would make it such a good thing...

Kind regards

From a production point of view I agree. As a free learning tool, it's definitely in the nice to have category, but not mandatory. 

I assume you're using Academics On Demand then, not SAS UE on AWS, which allow the same options i mentioned initially. If you're looking to ask for a feature you need to post it in a different place. SAS tracks these requests and people can vote on features they'd like to see. See the SASware Ballot Ideas under the Find a Community link on the page header. 

ammarhm
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Yes I am using Academics on Demand. Thanks for the information, I will add a request there

Kind regards

kdebruhl
SAS Employee

This is several months late, but just searched for ways to share code and this popped up.

Repositories for sharing tasks and code snippets was available with Studio version 3.6, but I do not see it in my newer release.  Wondering if this feature is going to be supported moving forward.

For the record, I used a GIT repository to share snippets.

samdupont
SAS Employee

Hi @kdebruhl

Repositories should be there 

1. In the Banner, click the More application options.
  2. Click Preferences.
  3. Click Repositories. 

Do see Repositories? 3.7 and 3.71 should still have the same repository functionality as in 3.6.

Samantha

polyama
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Samantha,

I do not see repositories (this is SAS Studio 3.7, SAS OnDemand for Academics)

M

Reeza
Super User
Repositories is not turned on for onDemand for Academics.
polyama
Calcite | Level 5
Thank you

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 in conversation