BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
dmunch
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello,

I am new to SAS and have been utilizing the SAS University Edition online course to learn how to use the program. I have been successfully able to use and code for the duration of the course. Now, I am trying to access my own data and it will not show up as a folder under Myfolders in SAS at all. I created a new folder called DFBS with an excel file within and dragged it into the Myfolders shared file. Only my original folder (EPG194) shows up in server files and folder. Please see photos below. I have tried refreshing, restarting, etc. but my DFBS folder won't show up in SAS (even though my other one does).

Anyone have an idea what's going on? Am I forgetting a simple step from setup?

(Using a macOS version)

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2019-09-19 at 2.44.25 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-19 at 2.46.00 PM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User
Delete the DFBS folder and create it within Servers Files & Folders rather than from externally?

You can do that with the first icon in SAS Studio above Server Files and Folders.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Reeza
Super User
Change myfolders to be all lower case. Restart the VM - Oracle VirtualBox and restart and then refresh your browser, clearing the cache. If that doesn't work, please show the same screenshots and right click on MyFolders and select properties. Show a screen shot of that. I'm also assuming you've clicked the refresh button, the last icon above the Folders Shortcuts.
dmunch
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Reeza-

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately none of those options seemed to do the trick. I am quite baffled by why one folder would show up and not the other! I guess I can always directly upload my excel file to my EPG194 folder- although I would prefer to have the other for organizational purposes.  

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2019-09-19 at 5.14.50 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-19 at 5.13.23 PM.png

Reeza
Super User
Delete the DFBS folder and create it within Servers Files & Folders rather than from externally?

You can do that with the first icon in SAS Studio above Server Files and Folders.
dmunch
Fluorite | Level 6

I guess that'll do for now! I just find it strange that its not importing from the shared folder. Oh well!

Thank you!

Shmuel
Garnet | Level 18

Use the refresh icon refresh.JPG

dmunch
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Shmuel-

Thanks for your response. As stated in my initial query, I have tried that refresh option but to no avail. 

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation