BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
_maldini_
Barite | Level 11

I'm running SAS University Edition w/ the SAS Studio interface and the Oracle VirtualBox. In the left-hand column, it displays files and folders in the "My Folders" folder (SASUniversityEdition/MyFolders) that I created as a shared folder within the SASUniversityEdition folder, per the instructions. It works great. 

Is there a way to have multiple "My Folders" available in the left-hand column?

For example, a "My Folders" for Project A, another "My Folders" for Project B and so on. I realize I can create these as subfolders within the "My Folders" folder, but then the SAS programs and datasets may live in a different folder than all the other files and folders for Project A (i.e. Those that are NOT SAS programs and datasets). 

Also, I would like to be able to export datasets to folders that live outside the SASUniversityEdition/MyFolders folder, instead of having to copy and paste them from folder to folder.

When I try to export a dataset to a folder outside the I get an error message: 

"ERROR: The path /Users/.... is not in the list of accessible paths when SAS is in the lockdown state."

Does this make any sense?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User

You want your own library. 

Please see the FAQ instructions here:

https://support.sas.com/software/products/university-edition/faq/shared_folder_access_existing.htm

Although it mentions existing you can create it to new folders you create for projects.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Reeza
Super User

You want your own library. 

Please see the FAQ instructions here:

https://support.sas.com/software/products/university-edition/faq/shared_folder_access_existing.htm

Although it mentions existing you can create it to new folders you create for projects.

ballardw
Super User

Create sub-directories inside the folder. For added SAS functionality assign the folders to SAS Libraries.

The limit about where output may be sent is a limit of the Virtual Machine and the fact that it is a Unix emulator running in a Windows installation. The file systems are not generally compatible, the sytax is not at all the same and is working as designed.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation