BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
xaviervel
Fluorite | Level 6

So what happened today is that I tried to start my SAS U when I saw the "Update" button so I decided to click it (silly me) after that the program didn't work anymore. Spent the entire day trying to fix it until I get to this:

Screen Shot 2016-04-15 at 10.51.41 PM.png

Then I decided to swtich brower, to reach this:

Screen Shot 2016-04-15 at 11.17.54 PM.png

So my best guess is that they are actually working on this, in the meantime my statistical analysis should wait. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User

I downloaded the new version and created a new image. It works fine and I still have the old version in casenit didnt. 

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Reeza
Super User

If you restart your VM you should be able to access your old instance. 

Please see the SAS Analytics U forum for a note regarding SAS UE update. 

SAS UE does not connect to an external server. 

xaviervel
Fluorite | Level 6

Can you please provide the link?

BeverlyBrown
Community Manager

Hi @xaviervel, I think this is the note @Reeza mentioned. (Correct me if I'm wrong, @Reeza.) (And you're right about starting a new discussion instead of adding to an older thread. More people will see your post. Also, it's best to post about the same issue in one forum.) Sorry you've been having so much trouble! Please post back here what ends up working for you.

Register now for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

xaviervel
Fluorite | Level 6

First of all, thanks @Reeza and @BeverlyBrown for the explanation and the link, it is good to know that someone from the dev team noticed this issue, apologized and was mature enough to recognize this issue instead of just ignoring it. Kuddos to the team for that.

Efectively, I actually erased the previous machine built-in my VirtualBox and started over again, the message I received this time was: 

Screen Shot 2016-04-17 at 4.02.46 PM.png

Which to see the word "sucsessfully" was refreshing; now, I didn't click on the "Update" button due to the fear to frezze my system again, so I just proceeded with "Start SAS Studio" and ... yes! the program was up and running again. 

Now, would you suggest that I should click the Update button, or just leave it like this?

Thanks again

Reeza
Super User

It's downloaded so you shouldn't have any issues updating. 

xaviervel
Fluorite | Level 6

Sadly, I had issues ... Screen Shot 2016-04-15 at 10.51.41 PM.png

xaviervel
Fluorite | Level 6

For those wondering how everything went, I have to say that to this date I haven't Updated SAS U due to the fear to froze my program again. But the functionality of the program hasn't been any issue. 

Reeza
Super User

I downloaded the new version and created a new image. It works fine and I still have the old version in casenit didnt. 

RandyMullis
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi, Xavier. The approach Reeza mentions will work. You can download the new VM OVA file and install it. You'll then just setup your Shared Folders and be in business.

The good thing about the VM approach is that it enables you to install a new VM with no risk (assuming you have Shared Folders st up.)

Just some background: In the earlier versions of SAS University Edition, an "update" really consisted of downloading the entire VM file. We have been working toward a more differential approach in which you only download the parts that have changed and these are applied to your image. In this way, it should be faster. Also, this means you can break it down to two steps: 1) The download, and 2) the application.

Though it generally works well, we are still making it more robust and trouble-free. I think with each new version, you'll see the update process go more smoothly. 

I appreciate your patience, and I would encourage you to download the new OVA file at your convenience. The license for your current version will expire later this year, but there's not urgency for you to upgrade right now, especially if you are still in the semester.

You can also send mail to support@sas.com or call 1-800-727-0025. We can help if your installation and configuration goes awry. If you need usage help, this Community is the best place!

Thanks,

Randy

xaviervel
Fluorite | Level 6

@RandyMullis it's true @Reeza had the right approach and finally worked:

Screen Shot 2016-04-21 at 2.53.47 PM.png

Thanks for the patience and support. 

BeverlyBrown
Community Manager

An update is available to fix this issue.  Please see the comment by @AmyP_sas under https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Analytics-U/Service-Temporarily-Unavailable-Error-503-an-update-f... for details.

Register now for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 in conversation