BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
kwalsh0929
Calcite | Level 5

Good Evening-

I have been an instructor in SAS studio for 2 years.  I give the students the code and they run it and interpret the results. For some reason the libnames that I always have given the students to access the data no longer work.  The course information has not changed.

As an example I always used:

libname intro "/courses/d1bb19b5ba27fe300/Practice" access=readonly;

Now I get an error that the libref does not exist.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
ballardw
Super User

Is "courses" the root of a drive or similar mount point?

With code that previously worked I would look to see some admin changed the properties of files, such as perhaps you no longer have read privileges to the folder if the path has not changed. Or if someone changed drives around so that "courses" is no longer a drive mount for you. The paths should always start from a drive mount point.

Reeza
Super User

You are likely going to need to contact SAS Tech Support for this one. But you can also go the folder/library, right click it and select properties. You can see if the path has changed for some reason. 

kwalsh0929
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks Reeza.  Since I am the course instructor no one else is able to change the access or root of the course except SAS.  So I did contact SAS support.  In properties this is the root : /home/karenwalsh0/my_content/ahe511

I am thinking something happened on the SAS end of things, other instructors are not having this issue.

It's just a bit challenging when you are trying to teach students, I am hopeful they will respond soon.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation