BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
SamB23
Calcite | Level 5

I'm having some truble running SAS Stuio on Windos 7. I downloaded a version of SAS thruough my school, and when I try to open SAS Studio it wants me to select a JRE location. I'm really not sure what to do!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Olabode
Calcite | Level 5

use C:\Program Files\SASHome\SASPrivateJavaRunTime\9.4\jre

dont choose the bin - worked for me 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

SAS provides its own Private Java Runtime, which normally is under C:\Program Files\SASHome\SASPrivateJavaRunTime\9.4\jre\bin.

But, it might be that the SAS Studio you downloaded has some modifications and requirements than what SAS provides. I would contact the person who published the software you installed, and ask for support.

dcowles85
Fluorite | Level 6

I have a brand new windows 10 64 bit installation and I have just downloaded my SAS products.. 9.4.   I also get the prompt when trying to launch Studio 3.6 "Select JRE location".   However, when I browse to C:\Program Files\SASHome\SASPrivateJavaRunTime\9.4\jre\bin and click "Ok" it just takes me back to the original "Select JRE Location" window like it doesn't like it.   Any ideas?

Olabode
Calcite | Level 5

use C:\Program Files\SASHome\SASPrivateJavaRunTime\9.4\jre

dont choose the bin - worked for me 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 6 in conversation