BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
BeverlyBrown
Community Manager

New release of SAS University Edition addresses Chrome v67 issue

Posted Tues, June 26 

Visit your SAS University Edition Info Center and click “update” to get it, or [Click Here] to download a new copy. (Stay tuned for news of an update for AWS.)

For commercial uses of SAS Studio, access hot fixes here:

===================================

Hot Fixes Now Available

Posted Wed., June 13

Per @AmyP_sas, you can now access hot fixes for:

=========================================

Update for Users of SAS OnDemand for Academics

Posted Thurs. May 31

Clear your browser cache before launching SAS Studio.

Details: https://status.oda.sas.com/

=========================================

Announcement re: SAS Studio and Chrome "Initializing" Issue

Posted Wed., May 30

From @CaseySmith:

Chrome just released v67, which surfaces an issue in the (Dojo) JavaScript toolkit that SAS Studio uses, preventing SAS Studio from being able to load (just spins "Initializing").

For details, see:

https://github.com/kriszyp/xstyle/issues/44

https://github.com/kriszyp/xstyle/issues/56

https://github.com/kriszyp/xstyle/commit/7acb8186ccee813802625ca600eda2e307f9542c#diff-2b85e238ffb30...

For now, best to avoid updating Chrome to v67 until this issue is fixed. We are investigating to see if there are any possible workarounds (besides using another browser).

Register now for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

13 REPLIES 13
Jlochoa
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Beverly,

I've informed my SAS user community to switch from Chrome and use IE. It was brought to my attention that IE does not handle "cut & paste" very well. For example, using Chrome before the version 67 issue came up there is a SAS Studio Task with an input field that users can paste multiple values from a spreadsheet column. Using IE, the same cut & paste step results in only one value pasted into the task field. This creates a time consuming activity for the users to cut&paste each value one at a time with IE.

Eagerly waiting for the Chrome fix.

Jose

CaseySmith
SAS Employee

Hot fixes for this issue for SAS Studio 3.6, 3.7, and 3.71 will be available very soon.  A hot fix for SAS Studio 4.3 (on Viya) will follow not long after that.

Casey

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

BeverlyBrown
Community Manager

Thanks for jumping on this thread, @CaseySmith@Jlochoa, thanks for letting us know, and I eagerly await these hotfixes along with you.

Register now for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

LaurenceLetarte
Fluorite | Level 6

I have this issue of SAS university edition never initializing on chrome v67. Firefox works ok.

I'm not sure what to do with the hot fixes. How do I get them installed ?

Thanks a lot.

AmyP_sas
SAS Employee

We are working on an update to SAS University Edition that will include the hot fix.  It's not something you can do yourself, sorry!  I'm expecting it to be available early next week & then you'll be able to either apply the update or download a new copy.  Will keep this thread posted.

AmyP_sas
SAS Employee

A new release of SAS University Edition is now available to fix the issues with SAS Studio & Chrome.  Go to your Info Center & click update to get it or you can download a new copy.

LaurenceLetarte
Fluorite | Level 6

New release installed and working on chrome. Thank you again.

RobP
Quartz | Level 8

I am experiencing this issue in Firefox Quantum v66.0.2 (64-bit), with SAS Studio 3.71 (full version details listed below).  Studio still works fine in Chrome Version 72.0.3626.119 (Official Build) (64-bit).

I've applied the above hotfix and it did not help.

Looking at the network logs in FF developer mode it appears to be getting stuck on a call to dojo.preventcache (see attached screenshot).

SAS Studio Release: 3.71 (Basic Edition)Build date: Mar 14, 2019 3:04:19 PM
SAS Mid-tier release: Mar 14, 2019 2:01:00 PM
Java Version: 1.7.0_161
SAS release: 9.04.01M5P09132017
SAS platform: Linux LIN X64 4.14.72-68.55.amzn1.x86_64

image.png

RandyMullis
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi, @RobP . Are you saying that SAS Studio is stuck in initializing with Firefox 66.0.2?

I just installed that version and didn't see any obvious problems. (I tried in SAS Studio for SAS University Edition and SAS OnDemand for Academics.) Can you tell me what you did to manifest the error?

Thanks!

Randy

RobP
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Randy - yes that is exactly what I'm saying.  I can't say I did anything other than use the login page to login, and then during startup it simply gets stuck in the initialization screen.

RandyMullis
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Thanks, @RobP . Given what you're saying, I'm inclined to think that it's not the same error as this thread pointed to originally. Rather, there are other reasons why it might be stuck in initializing. Are you using SAS OnDemand for Academics? If so, perhaps you can hit the "interrupt" (the X) while the page is loading. Curious to see what that would do. If you're using SAS University Edition, I would just re-import the OVA to a new VM, re-establish the Shared Folder, and go from there!

Hope this helps!

Randy

RobP
Quartz | Level 8

@RandyMullis We are using the SAS Office Analytics package.  I just tried to see what would happen if I hit the interrupt button but I guess it considered the page to have finished loading as the 'X' was replaced by the 'reload' button.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 13 likes
  • 7 in conversation