BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Nietzsche
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I want to close all my tabs closed without saving anyone of them, most of the time I am just practicing, so I have up to like 50+ program tabs in one session.

If I use the "Reset SAS Session (F9)" function from the main menu to the top, it doesn't actually close any tabs. 

If I right click any tab and choose "Close All Tabs" from the menu, SAS studio will ask me if I want to save for every single tab.

The only way I found is sign in and out which is time consuming. 

Is there a method to do close all tabs or all other tabs (except for this one) without being asked to save each single tab in SAS studio?

SAS Base Programming (2022 Dec), Preparing for SAS Advanced Programming (Cancelled).
7 REPLIES 7
Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

SAS  Studio runs in the browser. How about abruptly closing the browser say from Task Manager  and clearing the history?

ghosh
Barite | Level 11

In Windows 11 in Chrome you can right click and select  Close Other Tabs 

ghosh_0-1670269055699.png

Nietzsche
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

@ghosh

In Windows 11 in Chrome you can right click and select  Close Other Tabs 

Nietzsche_0-1670271601845.png

We're talking about tabs within SAS studio, not browser tabs.

Nietzsche_0-1670271732769.png

SAS Base Programming (2022 Dec), Preparing for SAS Advanced Programming (Cancelled).
SASKiwi
PROC Star

In SAS Studio 3.81 there's a Close All Tabs option when you right click on a program tab:

SASKiwi_0-1670272622305.png

Nietzsche
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

In SAS Studio 3.81 there's a Close All Tabs option when you right click on a program tab:

Nietzsche_0-1670273878307.png

I have already mentioned in my first post about that.

If I right click any tab and choose "Close All Tabs" from the menu, SAS studio will ask me if I want to save for every single tab.

The reason why I started this thread is because I do NOT want to answer "NO" to "do you want to save" for every single tabs I have open.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

There isn't an option at least in SAS Studio 3.81 to do that AFAIK.

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

I do not see any option for that.

The only other choice I see is related to what it does when you start a new session.

Tom_0-1670274767309.png

So you need to decide is it easier to click yes 50 times or sign-out and sign-in again.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 like
  • 5 in conversation