BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
davidmaron
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I'm looking to install a software program into SAS Studio University Edition. I am able to get the files recognized in SAS studio by installing them into 'myfolder', but I am not able to get SAS Studio to run and acknowledge the script. Is anyone able to help?

Thanks!

David

3 REPLIES 3
Reeza
Super User

SAS UE is locked down so the odds of this working is pretty low. 

What exactly are you trying to do and what have you done so far? I believe both XCMD and ability to run programs on the system are locked. 

@davidmaron wrote:

Hi,

I'm looking to install a software program into SAS Studio University Edition. I am able to get the files recognized in SAS studio by installing them into 'myfolder', but I am not able to get SAS Studio to run and acknowledge the script. Is anyone able to help?

Thanks!

David

davidmaron
Calcite | Level 5
Hi Reeza, thanks for your response!

I'm looking to install the PROC LCA package for Penn State to conduct a
latent class analysis. What is XCMD? Are running programs only available to
licensed users?

Thanks again!

Reeza
Super User

Yeah, unfortunately I don't think you can. You can talk to the authors to see if they have installation instructions for SAS UE, or a locked down redhat linux OS. 

Even in a full SAS installation I believe you need administrator rights to your machine to enable a new PROC and add files into those locations. I think this has to do with both SAS locking down certain things and the developer choosing to maintain control over their package.

@davidmaron wrote:
Hi Reeza, thanks for your response!

I'm looking to install the PROC LCA package for Penn State to conduct a
latent class analysis. What is XCMD? Are running programs only available to
licensed users?

Thanks again!

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation