BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
alepage
Barite | Level 11

Hello,

Is it possible to install XML Mapper with SAS University Edition and if so, which version of XML Mapper Should we install.

Regards,

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisBrooks
Ammonite | Level 13

The SAS XML Mapper tool is a stand-alone utility so is not tied to SAS University Edition in any way. I believe it's free and the latest version can be downloaded from here -> https://support.sas.com/downloads/package.htm?pid=2172

Of course you don't need the mapper to create XML maps and I'd strongly advise anyone to learn how to craft them by hand since in my experience the mapper isn't always 100% perfect.

alepage
Barite | Level 11

Hello Chris,

Very interesting answer!  I have very little experience in XML Files.  Moreover, I am using SAS University Edition at home, let's say to increase my knowledge with SAS for study purpose.

At the office we are using SAS EG 7.11.  When I ask someone of the technical support to install XML Mapper, I think they have the version 9.3, when he have executed the setup.exe, the software mentioned that SAS 9.3 was required prior to the installation of the XML Mapper.

I have said that I do not believe that I need to have SAS ver 9.3 installed on top of SAS EG 7.11.  I have send an email to SAS Support to check with them which version of XML Mapper will be more appropriate with SAS EG 7.11.  Up to now, I haven't receive any reply from them.

Regarding your advise, I am glad to know that it is better to elaborate our owns XML Map.  Could you please refer me, some good papers on how to craft an XML Map.

Best Regards,

Alain

ChrisBrooks
Ammonite | Level 13
Alain

There are quite a lot of papers on XML Maps but here is a good starter http://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings12/253-2012.pdf

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation