BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
stephanie_h6
Calcite | Level 5

Hi

I am new to SAS Studio (onDemand for Academics), while I usually use another version. I have trouble linking my data in my program. Here is the version of the program I use, with the two options I have already to import my data (either with the full version or the UE version)

/*PROC IMPORT DATAFILE= "2018-07-26_Graminees_2016-2017_Steph_morpho1642_avecLUZERNE.xlsx"
            DBMS=xlsx REPLACE OUT=WORK.morpho1642;
     GETNAMES=YES;
     SHEET="SAS_graminees2016-2017_avecLUZ";
run;
*/

*with SAS University;
PROC IMPORT OUT= WORK.racines1642
DATAFILE= "/folders/myfolders/2018-07-26_Graminees_2016-2017_Steph_morpho1642_avecLUZERNE.xlsx" 
DBMS=xlsx REPLACE;
run;
proc contents varnum;
run;

Now, I am very confuse with everything, so excuse me in advance.

I use the OnDemand version.

I already did successfully import my data from my .xlsx file to my Library.

The further steps are the ones that confuse me. Can I use the second version of the code I have already ?

hope this is clear

Thank you 

1 REPLY 1
Reeza
Super User

1. Upload your data. Go the Servers Files Folders pane, there's a little up arrow and you can upload your data set. I believe there's a limit to the size of the data set you can use. 

2. Once the data set is uploaded and you can see it in Servers Files & Folders, right click and select properties. That will be the path you need to use to import the file.

@stephanie_h6 wrote:

Hi

I am new to SAS Studio (onDemand for Academics), while I usually use another version. I have trouble linking my data in my program. Here is the version of the program I use, with the two options I have already to import my data (either with the full version or the UE version)

/*PROC IMPORT DATAFILE= "2018-07-26_Graminees_2016-2017_Steph_morpho1642_avecLUZERNE.xlsx"
            DBMS=xlsx REPLACE OUT=WORK.morpho1642;
     GETNAMES=YES;
run;
*/

*with SAS University;
PROC IMPORT OUT= WORK.racines1642
DATAFILE= "/folders/myfolders/2018-07-26_Graminees_2016-2017_Steph_morpho1642_avecLUZERNE.xlsx" 
DBMS=xlsx REPLACE;
run;
proc contents varnum;
run;

Now, I am very confuse with everything, so excuse me in advance.

I use the OnDemand version.

I already did successfully import my data from my .xlsx file to my Library.

The further steps are the ones that confuse me. Can I use the second version of the code I have already ?

hope this is clear

Thank you 

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation