BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
anweinbe
Quartz | Level 8

Hello all,

I am a professor at a University and we are given SAS Studio to use with our students. I have the ability to upload files, but SAS doesn't allow anything higher than 10mb. As such, I wanted to import my file through a data step.

From what I understand, SAS studio runs on a server and not my local machine. So when I tell the code the file is in my C: drive, it doesn't know what to do since its on another box. I have no clue how to get around this issue. I have several 50MB files I need to import. They are currently in either CSV or SAS files.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User

Are you using SAS Academics on Demand or SAS University Edition running via virtual box. 
If it’s SAS UE there isn’t a limit. The myfolders folder you set up during installation can be accessed. 

if you’re using Academics on Demand, you need to contact SAS for instructions but I’m fairly certain instructors can upload larger files. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
unison
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Are you on SAS Studio University Edition?

-unison
-unison
Reeza
Super User

Are you using SAS Academics on Demand or SAS University Edition running via virtual box. 
If it’s SAS UE there isn’t a limit. The myfolders folder you set up during installation can be accessed. 

if you’re using Academics on Demand, you need to contact SAS for instructions but I’m fairly certain instructors can upload larger files. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation