BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Ramanuj_Khatri
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Everyone,

I want to upgrade my SAS, but unfortunately it is not updrading (as all of you know, a message of Try Again comes). 

So, I decided to uninstall the previous version completely and then again install latest version.

1. First I have reviewed the article given on:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/webeditorag/67158/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n15srik80misio...

And given the command on Command Prompt (Admin.)

configuration-directory/sasstudio.sh stop

And also some others.

But following message appears:

01.png

2. Then I have reviewed the following documentation:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/webeditorag/67158/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n1n1b421tbgczc...

But SAS is not listed in my programs list. 

And if I search it in my windows. Then:-

03.png

If I click above highlighted option, then ‘Oracle VM VirtualBox’ gets start running.

3. So finally I guessed to remove SAS from Oracle VM VirtualBox by right-clicking on SAS University Edition and click remove:

04.png

And then click on Delete all files: -

05.png

However, I have not done it till. So my question is which option should I click “Delete All Files” or “Remove Only”?

I want to uninstall SAS Studio (old) and then install New one. (I don’t want to keep both). So Should I proceed further by clicking “Delete All files” or “Remove only”?

Is there any alternative to do the same (or Am I wrong to uninstall SAS by this way?)

Please Guide Me.

Thanks

Ramanuj

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User

Please explain what you're trying to do in detail. You've posted links for SAS application, which is not SAS Studio/UE but also screenshots that imply you're using SAS UE. 

1. Are you using SAS University Edition or SAS Studio with an install of SAS server?

2. If SAS UE, delete all images from your VM (right click, delete all). If SAS Server, ignore the rest of this entirely. 

3. Download new vm image from SAS Analytics U homepage

4. READ INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

5. Set up Shared drive (myfolders)

6. Launch SAS UE (order of 5/6 may be backwards).

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
naveenraj
Quartz | Level 8

stop all services

start the SAS Deployment Manager run SASHome/SASDeploymentManager/9.4/sasadm.sh at the command prompt.
select Uninstall SAS Software.
select SAS Products to Uninstall, select all product.
Complete the remaining steps

clean up configuration directory and sashome

Ramanuj_Khatri
Obsidian | Level 7

Hey, I am getting the same result viz. 'SASHome' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file..

'SASHome' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Please someone guide me.

Reeza
Super User

Please explain what you're trying to do in detail. You've posted links for SAS application, which is not SAS Studio/UE but also screenshots that imply you're using SAS UE. 

1. Are you using SAS University Edition or SAS Studio with an install of SAS server?

2. If SAS UE, delete all images from your VM (right click, delete all). If SAS Server, ignore the rest of this entirely. 

3. Download new vm image from SAS Analytics U homepage

4. READ INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

5. Set up Shared drive (myfolders)

6. Launch SAS UE (order of 5/6 may be backwards).

Ramanuj_Khatri
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Reeza,

After doing right click then remove the "Delete all files" is there is any need to download the Oracle VM VirtualBox again?

I have downloaded the SAS UE. Should I proceed further.. i.e. click file button (of Oracle VM VirtualBox) and then click on Import Appliance?

Or there is need to uninstall Oracle VM VirtualBox also.

Note the following image I am using SAS UE but it shows the button of START SAS STUDIO so I always call US as STUDIO.

10.png

Thanks

Ramanuj

Reeza
Super User

It is SAS Studio, but using the University Edition. 

SAS Studio can also be using On Demand and for a server. It is confusing, but it helps if your clear in your question.

You do not need to muck around with the Oracle VirtualBox. Follow the instructions I set last time. There was no mention of Virtual Box 🙂

Ramanuj_Khatri
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks Reeza.

But, Instead of accepting your reply I accepted my reply as a SOLUTION and earned a new good Badge - first accepted solution. It's a good fun and good way to earn and Incease ours budge - Just reply to a message and accept our reply as a SOLUTION Smiley Wink

Thanks

Ramanuj

Reeza
Super User

That's not nice. Why should I bother helping you again?

I don't need badges or even correct answer, but your answer wasn't correct either, mine was. 

Ramanuj_Khatri
Obsidian | Level 7

I am sorry Reeza, but It was first time that I saw Accept as a solution button in my message & I clicked it to see what will happen. Logically the button must not be in the message of that user who is asking question.  But I take advantage of it to create a small fun and to earn a new badge. This issue should be considerd by the SAS Team or SAS Community Leaders.  

I promise I will not do it again Smiley Happy.

Thanks

Ramanuj

Reeza
Super User

That doesn't make sense. There are cases where a person posts a question and then legitimately finds the answer via google or working it through. 

Ramanuj_Khatri
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Reeza, as you have given effecient time and efforts to my problem and being Super User and has maximum contibution in Community Solutions. I don't have to mislead with Community Solution Providers. So, I have now corrected my mistake and returned your reward to you.

Thanks

Ramanuj 

Ramanuj_Khatri
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Reeza, First I thought that like a message can't be deleted so same a accepted solution can't be undone but I received a mail from 

Reeza
Super User

Thank you. 

PS messages can be deleted but not a full thread. Except via the admin. 

Reeza
Super User

I don't think those links apply to SAS UE. 

Yes delete all. 

Also, please don't post the question multiple times. Someone will help, your timezome does not line up with when most users are active so you may have to wait a bit but multiple posts just confuse the issue. 

Look at the SAS Analyitics U forum specifically for a thread relating to issues with updating SAS UE. 

Ramanuj_Khatri
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi, Reeza you were right.. I don't think those links apply to SAS UE. 

But, now I don't know how to delete my posts. I can delete it only till when someone not replied to it. But now I can't delete.

Can you guide me.

09.png

Thanks

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 3 in conversation