BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
dgower
Obsidian | Level 7

We have Studio setup in a GRID environment with 7 GRID nodes.  For testing, I would like to specify which GRID node the code I submit runs on.  I tried using:

%let rc=%sysfunc(grdsvc_enable(_all_, server=SASApp;jobopts=hostname));
%let hostname=host=<server_name>%str(;);

...before my code, but it still ran on the node that Studio connected to at signon.

What am I missing?

Thanks! 

3 REPLIES 3
BeverlyBrown
Community Manager

Hi @dgower, I noticed there's an open Tech Support ticket (seemingly) for this and you've got a discussion going in the admin forum. Hope this is settled satisfactorily soon, if not already! Thanks for using the SAS communities.

Register now for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

dgower
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Beverly,

The response to the track was:

You would want to use the WORKLOAD option in conjunction with the addresource command, as well as defining the resource in
Management Console. Essentially we'd create a new resource (in my example below, "node1") that is assigned in LSF to a single node
esh our LSF configuration. Then, add that to the Grid Server options in Metadata. Finally in the program we enable grid with the
workload option, and use the "signon" command to start a session through the grid, then rsubmit to submit code in that session.

I don't have time to test this and have closed the track.  I need to focus on a more urgent issue.

Thanks,

Dan

BeverlyBrown
Community Manager
Appreciate the need to prioritize! 🙂

Register now for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation