BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Nicolai70
Fluorite | Level 6

I'm trying to use SAS Studio 3.71 along my (working) 3.1.

I get this error in the serverlog:

Server running at: http://localhost:51700/
2018-06-25 09:37:41,947 [http-nio-auto-1-exec-10] ERROR com.sas.ep.sascoder.directory.workspace.iom.IOMWorkspace - Fileref to determine home folder failed
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.sas.ep.sascoder.directory.workspace.iom.IOMWorkspace.setHomeFolder(IOMWorkspace.java:790)
at com.sas.ep.sascoder.directory.workspace.iom.IOMWorkspace.<init>(IOMWorkspace.java:134)
at com.sas.ep.sascoder.directory.workspace.iom.IOMWorkspaceFactory.create(IOMWorkspaceFactory.java:135)
at com.sas.ep.sascoder.directory.workspace.iom.LocalWorkspaceFactory.create(LocalWorkspaceFactory.java:41)
at com.sas.ep.sascoder.directory.Server.newWorkspace(Server.java:129)
at com.sas.ep.sascoder.utilities.pool.Pool.getNonPooled(Pool.java:567)
at com.sas.ep.sascoder.directory.Server.getTestedNonPooled(Server.java:84)
at com.sas.ep.sascoder.session.SessionManager.getWorkSpace(SessionManager.java:440)
at com.sas.ep.sascoder.rest.representations.RestSession.connect(RestSession.java:818)
at com.sas.ep.sascoder.rest.representations.RestSession.connect(RestSession.java:813)
at com.sas.ep.sascoder.service.auth.AuthenticationProviderSingle.makeInitialWorkspaceConnection(AuthenticationProviderSingle.java:68)
at com.sas.ep.sascoder.service.auth.AuthenticationProviderCommon.logon(AuthenticationProviderCommon.java:233)
at com.sas.ep.sascoder.service.auth.AuthenticationProviderCommon.logon(AuthenticationProviderCommon.java:149)
at com.sas.ep.sascoder.web.SessionController.post(SessionController.java:94)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)

How do I define the home folder and in what configuration file?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
alexal
SAS Employee

@Nicolai70,

To set the -SASUSER option more dynamically, you can modify the /<SASHome>/SASFoundation/9.x/bin/sasenv_local file to include shell script code comparable to:

#check whether user directory exists and create it if necessary
if [ ! -d /newpath/$USER/sasuser.v94 ]
then
mkdir -p /newpath/$USER/sasuser.v94
fi
# set the SASUSER option by using the SASV9_OPTIONS environment variable
SASV9_OPTIONS="$SASV9_OPTIONS -sasuser /newpath/$USER/sasuser.v94"
export SASV9_OPTIONS

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
alexal
SAS Employee

@Nicolai70,

To set the -SASUSER option more dynamically, you can modify the /<SASHome>/SASFoundation/9.x/bin/sasenv_local file to include shell script code comparable to:

#check whether user directory exists and create it if necessary
if [ ! -d /newpath/$USER/sasuser.v94 ]
then
mkdir -p /newpath/$USER/sasuser.v94
fi
# set the SASUSER option by using the SASV9_OPTIONS environment variable
SASV9_OPTIONS="$SASV9_OPTIONS -sasuser /newpath/$USER/sasuser.v94"
export SASV9_OPTIONS

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation