BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
genemroz
Quartz | Level 8

YIKES! I just inadvertently deleted a file from my /home/u12345678/.... directory in SAS OnDemand for Academics.  I spent the last three days getting it coded right.

Is there anyway to recover it?

Thanks in advance for any words of wisdom...

Gene

5 REPLIES 5
Reeza
Super User
If you ran the code recently see if it's stored in your log/run history (Hopefully did not exit yet).

genemroz
Quartz | Level 8
Thanks for the prompt reply. But, unfortunately, the log/run history is not available.
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

If the file existed for at least a day, SAS technical support might be able to recover it from a backup.

The On Demand login page has a link to technical support.

lentichin
Calcite | Level 5

I use SAS University Edition through Oracle VM and always remember to save my files. I saved my file but left the VM open and left the house for awhile. I come back and shutdown SAS because it says my session has expired, nbd. I reopen the VM and SAS and prompts me to open the "last autosave file because it's newer than the file I'm trying to open". I save the file without realizing the autosaved file was literally when I created the SAS file and has basically no code in it. I just lost 8 hours of work. Thank you SAS. Any ideas on how to recover the file? Unfortunately the files were not one OneDrive.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Never rely on the AUTOSAVE feature and maintain separate saved files that are also backed up. Keeping the last few versions of programs is also good policy. Then if you make a mistake, like you did in your case, you can go back to the last good version.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation