BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
jj02148
Obsidian | Level 7

Is there any way by which we can call R from SAS Studio with SAS University Edition? I understand that we can call R using PROC IML if we run a native SAS. Should we run a R server on a local computer to get that to work? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

http://support.sas.com/software/products/university-edition/faq/limitations.htm

So it's not really supported.

I guess that you could pass result sets as external files between SAS and R, or any other more manual way.

Is it crucial to have that in this environment? It's for learning SAS, not R....

Data never sleeps

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

http://support.sas.com/software/products/university-edition/faq/limitations.htm

So it's not really supported.

I guess that you could pass result sets as external files between SAS and R, or any other more manual way.

Is it crucial to have that in this environment? It's for learning SAS, not R....

Data never sleeps
jj02148
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks, @LinusH. It is not crucial but nice to have. 

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

The SAS University Edition includes SAS/IML software, which is a matrix language that has similar functionality to R and MATLAB. You might want to read "Ten tips for learning the SAS/IML language."

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation