BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Riteshdell
Quartz | Level 8

Hello Techiez,

Can any one help me to create a permanent library in SAS University Edition (SAS Studio).

This tool is free of cost for students.

Please let us know , with screenshot.

I really appreciate for your kind help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
9 REPLIES 9
Riteshdell
Quartz | Level 8

@SuzanneDorinski- Thanks , it is working now....but i have an issue. After creating Library, when I am closing the session, new library what i created, it got disappeared.

Do you have any solution on it..?

Thanks anyways...

SuzanneDorinski
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Check re-create this library at startup to use library across sessions.jpg

If you want that library automatically defined across sessions, make sure you check the box for Re-create this library at startup.  

Riteshdell
Quartz | Level 8

@SuzanneDorinski - thanks so much, Really appreciate for your valuable kind help.

Reeza
Super User

Add the code to the AUTOEXEC. 

Look at the top right hand corner to access the AUTOEXEC file.

BHARAT_SAS
Obsidian | Level 7
Thank you very much for answer. I faced the same problem, but now solved. One thing I want to know that I am unable to find physical location of the folder on my computer.
SuzanneDorinski
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

If you right click on the specific libname, then choose Properties, the Library Properties window will open, and show you the path.

Right click on libname, then choose Properties to see Library PropertiesRight click on libname, then choose Properties to see Library Properties

BHARAT_SAS
Obsidian | Level 7
Thanks a lot.

My observations.
1) in sas University edition while assigning library, in code we must type path = '/folders/myfolders'. Then only it assigns.

2)it is irrespective of the actual physical location. It will automatically consider the shared folder location. But in code path must be as I shown above.

For ex. I have assigned library study1, by giving path in code as above, but it's actual location on my laptop is f/sasUniversityedition /myfolders.
Reeza
Super User

@BHARAT_SAS wrote:
Thanks a lot.

My observations.
1) in sas University edition while assigning library, in code we must type path = '/folders/myfolders'. Then only it assigns.

2)it is irrespective of the actual physical location. It will automatically consider the shared folder location. But in code path must be as I shown above.

For ex. I have assigned library study1, by giving path in code as above, but it's actual location on my laptop is f/sasUniversityedition /myfolders.

@BHARAT_SAS This isn't quite correct.  The path is specified this way because SAS UE is running on a VM, which you could consider to be a separate computer. The shared drive set up path is the Unix path set up, not your local drive access. 

If desired, you can set up additional shared folders and libraries or other libraries underneath. Please search on here or the SAS University Edition Help Centre to see how to set up additional folders/libraries as desired.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 4 in conversation