BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
scorpio33xss
Fluorite | Level 6

My mouse setting (see below) allow me to scroll 3 lines of macros in PC SAS. However, it skipped 24 lines in SAS studio which is not friendly for me to read the macros comprehensively. Is there a way to control the lines skipped when rolling once?

scorpio33xss_0-1641458648428.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

Could be an issue cause by the browser. Which one is used? I don't see an option in SAS Studio itself to fix it.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

Could be an issue cause by the browser. Which one is used? I don't see an option in SAS Studio itself to fix it.

scorpio33xss
Fluorite | Level 6

I used Edge.

Now changed to IE and it works, 3 lines at one scrolling. Thank you.

scorpio33xss
Fluorite | Level 6
I can only control 3-line in IE, and it turns to be 24 lines at one scroll in Edge and Chrome. But IE is about to retire and does not work well.
scorpio33xss
Fluorite | Level 6
This issue is with Edge and Chrome, but not for IE. However IE's performance is bad...
andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

Yes, i can confirm that scrolling is bad in Edge/Chrome (same code under the hood), IE is as crappy as always. Firefox performs better than IE, but scrolling is not working as expected. Please open a track with sas tech support.

scorpio33xss
Fluorite | Level 6
FYI. I got the reply from tech support.
"The behaviour is fixed in SAS Studio 5.1 which runs on the Viya release. There is no plan to provide a hotfix on your current SAS Studio 3.7 release. "
andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

Thanks for sharing the info.

Bad for me, because we have not plans to migrate to Viya in the near future.

JackHamilton
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Recent email from SAS mentioned SAS 9.4 ts0m8, so traditional SAS will be around for at least another 5 years.  

SAS is pushing everyone to Viya, and "we're not going to fix minor irritations in traditional SAS" is one way to push. 

Smurf
Obsidian | Level 7
SAS studio 3.81 still has the same problem
andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

@Smurf wrote:
SAS studio 3.81 still has the same problem

Of course, the problem is fixed in 5.1+

Smurf
Obsidian | Level 7
So what is your current solution 🤔 or you switched to viya already
SASKiwi
PROC Star

In SAS 9.4 Enterprise Guide is available as an alternative developer interface to SAS Studio.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 in conversation