BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
shresabari
Calcite | Level 5

Hi, I am new to sas base programming. I am using SAS studio to study. I have been trying to use the external data files but first assign this as permanent so that I can use the data using SET statement. I know how to assign a permanent library but not while using SET statement. Could anyone please help me with it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User
Did you follow the set up instructions exactly? Is your shared folder defined properly? When you start up SAS UE on the orange screen do you see a warning about a Shared Folder myfolders being set up?

Your data and library should reside in that myfolders location and since SAS UE is on a Unix VM you need to ensure that you match the case of the folder/path and that you're reference it using "/" rather than the Windows path. Post your code if you're having issues. Also please review posts under Learning where other users have had issues with setting this up, it's a VERY common question here.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Reeza
Super User

Are you using SAS UE?

Set up a library as:

libname mylib 'path to folder with sas datasets';

data want;
set MYLIB.MYDATA;
run;
shresabari
Calcite | Level 5

Yeah I am. I tried that but it says the data is not present. What I did is I uploaded the external file directly to the folder that is defined in the libname. and did the same step as you have suggested.

Reeza
Super User
Did you follow the set up instructions exactly? Is your shared folder defined properly? When you start up SAS UE on the orange screen do you see a warning about a Shared Folder myfolders being set up?

Your data and library should reside in that myfolders location and since SAS UE is on a Unix VM you need to ensure that you match the case of the folder/path and that you're reference it using "/" rather than the Windows path. Post your code if you're having issues. Also please review posts under Learning where other users have had issues with setting this up, it's a VERY common question here.
shresabari
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks 🙂

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation