BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

So I started playing with the Visual Programmer mode in SAS/Studio.  I took some existing SAS code that was organized as a couple of programs and made it into a single process with a couple of sub processes.  I was able to get it to run and view the logs and outputs of the individual steps and the my final REPORT output by the last step.

I saved the process , logged out and when back into SAS/Studio and opened the process. Now all of my logs and output etc are gone.

I see there is a Generate Code button I can use to make a single SAS program with the code form all of the steps in one place.

Is there a similar Generate LOG or equivalent function that I could use to store the logs from all of the individual steps I ran to get to my final REPORT?  What about a Generate RESULTS with a combination of all of the outputs of the individual steps?

Is there something similar to the Interactive Mode of the normal SAS/studio Programmer interface?  Where instead of individual logs for each submitted block of code there is a cumulative SAS log.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bari_sas
SAS Employee

Tom:

Thanks for posting. The behavior you describe is not currently available in SAS Studio, but it has been requested via our defects system. I have added your request to the defect and am hopeful the development team is able to add these enhancements in a near future SAS Studio release.

Please keep the suggestions coming!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Bari_sas
SAS Employee

Tom:

Thanks for posting. The behavior you describe is not currently available in SAS Studio, but it has been requested via our defects system. I have added your request to the defect and am hopeful the development team is able to add these enhancements in a near future SAS Studio release.

Please keep the suggestions coming!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation