BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
amalie1
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I have imported a data set with two columns; one with Date (dd/mm/yy) and one with revenue.
The dates are the end of quarter dates e.g. 31/03/2014 - 30/06/2014 - 30/09/2014

I would like to make a forecast on it.

In the import  - the data looks fully imported and creates a table. 

However, after I run the file in the data preparation section under forecasting - the fields becomes blank. 

I assign the Date column the role of Time ID with quarter intervals and I have revenue as the time-series variable. 

I have just been following the tutorial guide at SAS training. 

Thank you for your help.

I am on the SAS university Edition. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ballardw
Super User

Many users here don't want to download Excel files because of virus potential, others have such things blocked by security software. Also if you give us Excel we have to create a SAS data set and due to the non-existent constraints on Excel data cells the result we end up with may not have variables of the same type (numeric or character) and even values.

Instructions at https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Communities-Library/How-to-create-a-data-step-version-of-your-dat... show how to create datastep code from a SAS data set to provide full data that can be used with code.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Shmuel
Garnet | Level 18

please post:

-  10 test data with few lines 

-  code you tried to run 

amalie1
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you for your reply. 

Attached please find code output and test data. 

Skærmbillede 2017-01-30 kl. 18.55.06.pngSkærmbillede 2017-01-30 kl. 18.51.52.png
ballardw
Super User

Many users here don't want to download Excel files because of virus potential, others have such things blocked by security software. Also if you give us Excel we have to create a SAS data set and due to the non-existent constraints on Excel data cells the result we end up with may not have variables of the same type (numeric or character) and even values.

Instructions at https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Communities-Library/How-to-create-a-data-step-version-of-your-dat... show how to create datastep code from a SAS data set to provide full data that can be used with code.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation