BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
stbomb0
Calcite | Level 5

I'm getting a notice that I'm over quota in my SAS for Academics account. After painstakingly deleting files in every directory, I've barely made a dent. It appears that most of my quota is taken by files owned by my professor. I have 2 questions:

1. Is there some way to organize/delete professor data so that it doesn't count against my quota? Do I have to engage my professor to remove files?

2. Is there any way to delete directories - in SAS Studio or outside of it - without having to delete all the files in it? Some of the directories are four deep and deleting the files in every folder before deleting it is a HUGE pain.

1 REPLY 1
ballardw
Super User

Since part of SAS for Academics is learning I'll point you toward the SAS function FDELETE.

A learning exercise of using the function to delete files and empty directories will be useful. Additional functions related are DOPEN, DINFO DCLOSE. You should be able to read the file names in the specified directory and delete them using the above functions.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation