BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
JD
Calcite | Level 5 JD
Calcite | Level 5

Hi, 

I am a relatively new SAS user, and I am kind of lost at this problem. I am using the SAS Studio (student version), and I am creating a forest plot, using proc sgplot. In the graph, I want to assign superscripts (e.g. a, b, c, d) to multiple data points and I don't know how to do it! I have searched online, and the solutions there are way over my head. Here is how my data looks like (those are all character variables):

Study             Hormone  HCat    LCat         or(95%CI)

david(2011)    HCG          2-fold   Baseline    1.00 (0.85-1.56)

In the forest plot, I want to assign superscript 'a' to the HCat value '2-fold', and superscript 'b' to the or(95%CI) value 1.00 (0.85-1.56). In addition, I want to write the footnotes (which I know how to write), starting with a superscript (which I don't know).

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

Javaid

3 REPLIES 3
WarrenKuhfeld
Ammonite | Level 13

https://blogs.sas.com/content/graphicallyspeaking/2017/10/09/advanced-ods-graphics-axis-tables-conta...

My recent blog shows how to put special characters in axis tables.  You will need to find the Unicode specifications for the characters you want and modify the code accordingly.  Here is one source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unicode_subscripts_and_superscripts 

JD
Calcite | Level 5 JD
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Warren,

Thanks for your prompt reply!

It's hard for me to understand macro code but I will try my best. 

Javaid

WarrenKuhfeld
Ammonite | Level 13

Javaid, Start at the beginning.  Work through the first examples before you get into the macro.  Copy the code, run it, tweak it a bit.  When you understand the basic starting examples, the rest will be easier. Also, you do not have to use the macro to make any of this work.  It will make things easier once you understand how this works.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation