BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
brucelambert
Calcite | Level 5

I am a long-time user of SAS PC in a university setting. I currently use SAS 9.4 on Windows 10 as my main machine at work.

I have always used the basic SAS windowing environment, but have lately been considering moving to SAS Studio or Enterprise Guide.

One of my main pain points is when I work from home on a laptop. To do this, I connect to my work machine, then use SAS PC remotely, but this requires changing the resolution and doing some other playing around with my normal work set up which involves two large, high-resolution monitors.

My question is whether there is a way to use SAS Studio from my MacBook to connect to SAS PC running on my work machine as a server. When I am at my work desktop, I can use SAS Studio, and it connects to a http://localhost:53800 URL as a server. Is there a way to get a URL that will be accessible remotely, with the appropriate authentication?

Thanks!

--bruce

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Unfortunately this isn't possible. SAS Studio or SAS Enterprise Guide can either connect to local SAS (SAS on the same PC) or to a metadata-enabled remote SAS server which typically runs on a server OS like Unix or Windows Server.

The way you are currently using it connecting via Windows Remote Desktop can incorporate SAS Studio or EG though, as you have already found.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Unfortunately this isn't possible. SAS Studio or SAS Enterprise Guide can either connect to local SAS (SAS on the same PC) or to a metadata-enabled remote SAS server which typically runs on a server OS like Unix or Windows Server.

The way you are currently using it connecting via Windows Remote Desktop can incorporate SAS Studio or EG though, as you have already found.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation