BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
oconnom60
Calcite | Level 5

I am using SAS OnDemand for Academics and have A LOT of course files loaded in my home directory, counting against my personal data usage. I am now over my quota in my home directory while my course directory is at 0%. I do not use or want these course files but I receive a message that says I am not authorized to delete them. Is there a way to delete them or move them to their rightful home in the course directory?

5 REPLIES 5
Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

One should be able to delete files and folders under the home directory by Right clicking and selecting the delete option.
What exactly are you trying to delete? is it possible to attach a screen capture?

daijin1994
Calcite | Level 5

Hi, do you get a solution to this?

Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14
It is quite simple as I have posted earlier. Let us know if are facing any issue
daijin1994
Calcite | Level 5

Hi, it doesn't work. Below is the screenshot of the problem. These files were from a previously enrolled course. Screenshot.png

Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

The error indicates that you don't have permissions to delete the file.  
The folder name my_shared_file_links gives the impressions that this could be a read only access. In that case you cannot delete it.

If you are indeed the owner of the file, then make sure it is not open or in use.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation